I am happy to notify you that I am accepting CV/resumes on behalf of a client that seeks a COP (Project Manager) for an anticipated major USAID trade facilitation and agricultural development project.
Title: Chief of Party (COP) – for USAID Regional Trade Facilitation and Agricultural Development project
Location: Africa - Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further details about assignment and project scope, location and duration
Expected Start Date: early to mid-2013.
The Chief of Party will oversee the project and act as the key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the program. She/he will provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract.
- A senior-level professional with a proven track record of successfully implementing and managing regional trade facilitation and agricultural value chain projects. Understanding of agricultural value chains and markets in Africa required.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, local stakeholders, donors, community-based organizations, think tanks and universities, the private sector, project partners and staff; and ability to achieve project results.
- More than 10 years of senior-level management experience. COP experience on similar USAID projects strongly preferred.
- 10- 15 years of relevant experience managing large-scale international donor-funded trade promotion and/or enterprise development/agricultural development projects.
- Multiple Country work experience is required.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and French is required.
- Advanced degree (graduate level: doctorate, master's, etc.) in relevant field (e.g. economics, business, management, international development, public administration, other social science, etc.)
Deadline for Applications: July 20, 2012
Thank you for reviewing this position and hope that if this does not match your area of expertise, you will forward to other colleagues who may be a good match and interested.
Aines International Recruitment Services
Get helpful information on searching for new assignments at http://www.internationalink.net
and click on "Blog"