Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Practice Leader
Location: Washington, DC Area
Expected Start date: As soon as possible
I am recruiting this anticipated position for international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC. My client operates within multiple practice areas: health, finance, SMEs, gender, youth, and M&E..
- Manage M&E and Learning contracts.
- Serve as key liaison with USAID and other donors on evaluation activities.
- Supervise the evaluation and learning team.
- Design and implement project and mid-term evaluations of international development projects.
- Travel to project locations to oversee and participate in evaluation activities.
- Lead new business development efforts for evaluation and learning proposals.
- Ensure the integrity of proposed evaluation methodologies and processes of evaluation findings.
- Design and conduct training workshops on monitoring and evaluation topics.
- Design and conceptualize data collection and analysis methods.
- Synthesize complex technical issues for presentation to diverse stakeholders and audiences.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience designing and leading evaluation activities for international development projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing USAID-funded evaluation-related projects.
- Significant experience in proposal development for USAID projects.
- Experience designing research and survey tools for international development projects.
- Familiarity with USAID evaluation policy and reporting guidelines
- Experience designing USAID Performance Management Plans, and indicator development.
- Experience designing, managing and leading mid-term and final project evaluations.
- Strong statistical and quantitative research skills.
- Prior experience organizing and leading monitoring, evaluation, and data collection training workshops.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Proven track record in new business development and proposal writing.
- Advanced degree in relevant field.
- Ability to travel internationally for short-term consultancies.
- English fluency required, additional language skills a plus.