Position Title: Director of Compliance
Contract Period: 22.months – (Contract extension subject to project funds availability and acceptable performance evaluation).
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Duty Station: Kabul, Afghanistan
Project Duration: 22 months.
Start Date: ASAP (As soon as Possible.)
Project Summary: This position is responsible for assessing the AMP Program compliance with USAID, Roots of Peace (ROP) and Government of Afghanistan regulations, laws and policies. The position reports directly to the COP and will work closely Home Office Director of Programs in the planning, development, and execution of reviews, audits and the development of any necessary corrective actions.
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the COP, The Compliance Director will be responsible for ensuring the Program is compliant with applicable regulations, award requirements/conditions, ROP’s policies and local law. He/she will conduct project risk assessments, conduct periodic compliance review and recommend corrective actions.
- Evaluate project risk exposures for program compliance with USAID regulations, ROP policies and Afghan laws.
- Develop ROP’s compliance mechanism and prepare a compliance plan to ensure its implementation.
- Proactively review procurement requests and ensure that committee has followed proper procedures before awards are made.
- Develop an annual compliance and audit schedule to test internal controls, document any weaknesses and their impact, and make recommendations to address these weaknesses.
- Conduct investigations related to compliance based on the ROP policies.
- Review financial transactions for documentation completeness, possible corruption and compliance with donor regulations and ROP policies.
- Liaise with ROP’s home office on the full complement of financial and compliance functions.
- Present all compliance reports and audit results to COP and Home Office Director of Programs.
- Submit corrective actions to AMP COP, HO Director of Programs and the department leaders involved in the corrective actions.
- Develop plans to manage a crisis or compliance violations.
- Assess project compliance with award Cooperative agreement conditions, applicable USAID regulations, ROP’s policies and local laws.
- Conduct compliance assessments of vendors and beneficiaries.
- Report allegations or potential fraud to the COP and ROP’s HO and provide project-level support to internal investigations as requested.
- Ensure adherence to ROP’s policies concerning reporting of potential fraud and reviewing compliance concerns.
- Conduct compliance trainings to project and subrecipient staff.
- Advise and monitor quality standards and value for money and make recommendations for improvement.
- To ensure that ROP is being run legally and ethically, complying with all applicable with all rules and regulation.
- To do an in-depth analysis of ROP current policies and suggest changes If needed.
- Respond to requests from COP and HO as needed.
Desired Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Equivalent
Experience, and Requirements:
- At least five (5) years of work experience in, finance, compliance (in the International Development sector).
- At least six (6) months of experience in procurement.
- In-depth knowledge of FAR and USAID contracting procedures and requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- English language fluency at Excellent Level.
- Multiple country work experience is required.
- Must be available to travel to, and within Afghanistan, and live in Kabul for minimum of 22 months.
Working Conditions including Travel: During the work assignment, the incumbent will be required to travel to the program target areas in case of needs.
How to Apply: Please send CV/`resumes that clearly show you meet all qualifications requirements, and a list of 3 or more referees to email@example.com with “Director of Compliance – Afghanistan/ (Your last name)” in the subject line.
Deadline for Application: April 13, 2021