I am accepting resumes this position on behalf of CADG (Singapore) as they seek key candidates for the proposed project below.
Title: Manager — AusAID Initiatives
Reports to: the Facility Manager.
Location: based in Kabul, Afghanistan
Start Date. July 2012, for a long-term appointment
Summary of Project:
Development Assistance Facility for Afghanistan (DAFA) Phase III will assist Afghanistan develop the leadership and human capacity of men and women required to achieve sustainable economic and social development. To achieve this goal, DAFA III will focus on building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), civil society and the private sector through an expanded scholarships program, an expanded Malaysia Australia Education Project for Afghanistan (MAEPA), a new Public Financial Management Program, and additional activities that support Australia's and the GoIRA's development priorities in the areas of education, mining, agriculture and rural development, governance, gender and elections.
The Manager, AusAID Initiatives will have responsibility for ensuring all AusAID-identified initiatives, procurement and logistical requirements are delivered to best practice standards in accordance with the requirements and terms of the Contract, and for managing the day-to-day activities of the AusAID Initiatives team.
Qualifications/ Experience Requirements -- Mandatory Competencies:
- At least 10 years’ experience working in developing countries.
- Thorough understanding of Australian and Afghanistan development sector policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of financial management, contracting, reporting and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Proven experience in supervising locally-engaged staff in a developing country context.
- Demonstrated ability in working with counterpart staff in government or counterpart agencies.
- Proven ability to manage cross-sector activities in a developing country.
- Past experience is Afghanistan is required; Experience in Afghanistan’s Government or education sector --preferred
- An understanding of the social, cultural, political and institutional factors affecting development in Afghanistan.
- Strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English.
Desirable Competencies and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in the development sector in Afghanistan, at both the national and sub-national levels.
- Extensive experience with AusAID processes and procedures.
Because the positions are being filled for a proposal submission, each position is contingent on receiving the proposed funding.
Deadline for Applications: March 18, 2012