Title: Senior Assessment, Monitoring &Evaluation Advisor (M&E Advisor) – Kenya PACE
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date and Duration: Immediate, the position is full time (with full benefits)
I am collecting applications, on behalf of Development & Training Services, Inc. (dTS), for a Senior Assessment, M&E Advisor for the Kenya Performance, Analysis, Communications & Evaluation (PACE) Project.
dTS is a strategic management consulting firm leading initiatives in social and economic development with a view to promoting equality and accountability. Our services in gender integration; training and capacity building; and monitoring and evaluation have been applied in a variety of sectors across 61 countries for USAID, MCC, and State.
The M&E Advisor will design, manage and conduct evaluations and performance assessments throughout the life of the Project. For evaluations, the advisor will design evaluations using quantitative and qualitative tools, develop participatory data collection methods and protocols, survey instruments and data verification techniques. S/he will also work with the Program Development and Analysis (PDA) Office and the short term consultants in Technical Teams to design and conduct any required assessments and evaluations; recruit staff and short term consultants to form teams with the necessary skills and experience; develop the schedule and support logistics; manage the teams and provide quality control on deliverables. S/he will also be responsible for the managing the field monitoring team to ensure quality deliverables.
Qualifications and Criteria for the Position
- Masters or PhD in international development or related field with a minimum of 15 years of professional experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international, multilateral and/or U.S. Government (USG) funded programs.
- Experience in directing, managing, implementing, and evaluating large, complex projects involving the collection, analysis, and presentation of data that covers the full range of technical, field, and administrative skills required for successful implementation of a project of this type.
- Demonstrated capacity in performance management and strategic design at the project and mission level.
- Ability to perform under pressure, multi-task, ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and meet deadlines is essential,
- Strong quantitative analytic skills, with demonstrated experience using statistical software.
- Strong qualitative analytical skills with demonstrated experience in using qualitative tools.
- Strong writing skills in English; writing samples required.
- Knowledge of USAID’s new Evaluation Policy.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, to clients, counterparts and staff.
- Willingness to travel within Kenya.
dTS is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for Application: March 17