Position Title: Director of Finance and Accounting
Position Classification: Permanent, Full-time, Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Compensation: $75,000 - $85,000
Start Date: Immediate
PH International is seeking a full-time Director of Finance and Accounting based out of our headquarters office in Waitsfield, Vermont. The Director of Finance and Accounting is a leadership position in the organization and provides oversight for all accounting and financial functions. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in non-profit accounting, business management, and organizational leadership. Knowledge of grant management and compliance is a must. International experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all financial and accounting systems, cash management, and financial reporting
- Assure that all financial records are in compliance with GAAP and OMB Circulars and other specific grant requirements
- Manage and oversee the annual budget process, annual audit, 990 & FBAR filing, and NICRA proposal and negotiations
- Provide cash management oversight for all grants, manage cashflow, and monitor organizational investments and line of credit
- Perform general accounting functions, including oversight of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closings of fiscal records; approval of reports, invoices, journal entries, and transactions; preparation of monthly account reconciliations
- Monitor and ensure that internal procedures are followed for new awards, cost share, sub recipients, and procurement
- Provide hands on supervision and guidance to accounting staff
- Strategize and lead the effort to continuously improve systems, processes, and utilization of accounting software and the virtual office
- Work with Senior Management to manage and lead organizational initiatives and planning
- Prepare financial reports for Board of Directors and work with the Finance Committee to evaluate and adopt new policies and procedures
- Confer regularly with Program Managers in the resolution of budgeting, reporting, and program management challenges
- Review proposal budgets and assist in their development as needed
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in accounting in a non-profit setting
- Advanced degree in accounting or a related field
- Robust knowledge of accounting principles and practice, the internal control environment, and non-profit financial reporting
- Robust experience with federal grant management and compliance and OMB Uniform Guidance audits
- Demonstrated experience with federal and state regulations related to payroll
- Experience with multi-company accounting and consolidated financial statements is a plus;
- Effective problem solving, critical thinking, and systems evaluation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- A strong service orientation to colleagues;
- Experience in organizational leadership and supervising staff;
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, sensitivity to confidentiality, and ethical standards;
- Willingness and ability to travel to overseas offices;
- S. citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S. is required;
- Preference will be given to Vermont residents and regional applicants.
PH International is a non-profit organization based in Waitsfield, Vermont. With six overseas offices plus projects and partners that span across Eurasia, PH International has built a strong reputation backed by over 35 years of experience. Our mission is to build strong global communities by fostering civic engagement, cross-cultural learning, and increased opportunities in the digital age.
How to Apply: Individuals interested in this position should apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com with “Director of Finance and Accounting- Full Name” in the subject line.
Application deadline is Friday February 5, 2020 or until filled. PH International is an equal opportunity employer.