Position: Technical Proposal Writer (for International Development And Humanitarian Assistance Team)
Location: Washington, DC area highly preferred. Other remote locations may be considered.
Expected Start Date: As soon as available, need is Immediate.
I am retained by Miyamoto International to accept applications for this position. Miyamoto is a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. We specialize in disaster risk management and provide resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. With an expanding portfolio of humanitarian assistance and disaster preparedness, risk mitigation and recovery programs, we are currently seeking a Technical Proposal Writer who has a passion for international development and humanitarian assistance work to become a member of our growing and dynamic global team.
The Technical Proposal Writer will focus primarily on developing technical proposals for current live and upcoming proposals in response to US Government, United Nations and bilateral donor solicitations. The role will also contribute substantively to bid management and coordination of inputs, conducting market and/or donor analyses, building out capabilities and qualifications materials, and opportunity specific reviews of teaming priorities. Additionally, we are seeking a candidate who enjoys rolling-up-their-sleeves to work alongside Miyamoto’s various country teams and technical experts. This is a high energy role and will require the ability to organize, communicate and work effectively on complex opportunities, sometimes in rapid response to immediate humanitarian crises, and at times across multiple time zones.
Key Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Carefully assessing donor requirements for every live opportunity, including: the outlining of technical priorities, the development of full compliance matrices, and the development of scoring criteria for use evaluation technical proposals.
- Drafting technical proposals, management plans, staffing plans, qualifications & capabilities, and other relevant sections as required by specific solicitations.
- Revising technical drafts and other sections of the proposal based on internal review processes.
- Preparing proposal management and coordination plans which articulate phases, timelines, activities, and responsibilities for all live bids.
- Coordinating execution of proposal management plans and serve as proposal coordinator to assure all participants in bid process are aware of timelines, deliverables, review meetings-- and problem solve issues as they arise in collaboration with team members.
- Developing Results Frameworks consistent with USAID and/or other relevant donor criteria.
- Driving business development related knowledge management including, but not limited to: developing knowledge management systems that are well organized and easy to navigate; up to date; secure; and accessible to staff and consultants on an as-needed basis.
- Identifying, developing, and managing capture plans for US Government and other high priority funding opportunities that are relevant for Miyamoto’s programmatic priorities in target countries.
- Leading and or contributing substantively to opportunity related research and analysis in collaboration across the team.
- Review key donor portals at least twice daily to monitor opportunities and notify the core business development team in real time of any bid drops, changes in forecast, requests for information and/or other opportunity information.
- Minimum 3+ years of demonstrated success writing technical proposals for USAID, other major bilateral donors, and multilateral donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international relations/international development, business, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and diplomatically cross-culturally.
- Attention to detail, in particular assuring full compliance with donor requirements, including, but not limited to: technical approach, staffing, formatting, and required attachments or other supplemental materials.
- Knowledge of industry standards, rules, and regulations. Robust knowledge of Results Framework and/or related methodologies.
- Demonstrated skills and motivation towards gender and cultural sensitivities, championing organizational and staff diversity and upholding the organizational core values.
- Fluency in English at the Excellent or Native level is required. Working knowledge of a second language, such as French or Spanish is preferred.
- Experience with and/or ability to quickly master key IT tools, such as Smartsheet, Excel, Google Sheets, Microsoft Outlook etc.
- Ability to maintain and manage corporate confidential information.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorship.
Application Instructions: We encourage you to apply by email by sending your CV to: email@example.com. Please add “Technical Proposal Writer, DC” to the subject line and attach the following documents:
1.) Resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the Qualifications Requirements, and
2.) Brief cover letter highlighting relevant knowledge and experience in the qualification’s areas mentioned.
3.) After receipt of application, candidates will be notified and must apply online through Miyamoto’s employment portal to be considered for the position.
Deadline for Applications: Open, until filled.
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional communication skills as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Flexibility, organizational skills, project collaboration and accountability are integral components to achieving our goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward growth and impact. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strive to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.